Seminars are a big event for companies. It is always better to prepare a checklist, making it easier to breakdown tasks and keep a track on its progress.
Working with the Event Planners
When you prepare a checklist, you first need to understand what the purpose of the seminar is? How many people will be attending? Where is the venue? If your venue is in Quebec, hotels such as Chateau Bromont might be a good option for you. They have a team of experts who might help you with the arrangements. For more information, you can visit their website chateaubromont.com.
You need to have the attendee list in hand, so that you can confirm the venue for the booking arrangements. Attendees might drop out at the last minute or more could come on board at the seminar. You might need to discuss about additional requirements or cancellation charges before booking the venue.
Ensure that you pay attention to the venue requirements such as the equipments needed the dining arrangements and the emergency services. Many attendees might have different preferences when it comes to food. You might need to make special arrangements for the same.
You might even need to set time for breaks so that the attendees can relax and enjoy themselves. Speakers need to be allocated time slots for their presentations. You can always hire event planners to plan the seminar for you. You can build a team and split up the responsibilities amongst yourselves.
You might be aware of Murphy’s Law – Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, that too when you least expect it. Some of things that can go wrong are:
- AV equipment not working
- People are not able to join the conference
- Not enough stationery
- Disorientation and miscommunication about the event
Avoiding Technical and Other Glitches
The above-mentioned glitches can be drastically reduced provided you take the below mentioned corrective measures:
- Ensure that the equipment is working. Have a test run before the actual conference starts
- Check if the Wi-Fi has good connectivity and display the network name and password on a board
- Carry ample of stationary with you to be on the safer side
- Ensure that you send a location map at the time of inviting attendees for the conference
- Clear directions should be given so that the attendees arrive at the conference on time
- Ensure that the transportation arrives on time to pick up attendees arriving from other places.
People will always remember a good seminar. Minor hiccups can be overcome by planning and executing well in advance.