First and foremost, let’s find out how gastroscopy is performed. It is performed by inserting a flexible, narrow, telescopic camera down the stomach and the esophagus. And this camera is referred to as gastroscopy Singapore. This procedure is done to check for conditions like celiac disease, gastric cancer, Barrett’s oesophagus, gastric ulcers and gastritis. Well, let’s learn more about gastroscopy below.
Things to know about gastroscopy in Singapore
- First and foremost, we will learn more about the diagnosis. Unexplained anemia, heartburns, ulcers, persistent gastric pains, etc. are few indications.
- You can find it after a barium swallow examination as well.
- Now let’s see how we can prepare for gastroscopy. Before you do this procedure, you have to ensure that your stomach is empty.
- Doctors will ask you to fast few hours prior to gastroscopy.
- If you have been taking medication for hypertension, you will be asked to continue with it.
- If you have any concerns or doubts, you should always check with your doctor more clarity.
- Prior to the procedure, you will be asked to remove contact lenses, glasses and dentures.
- To make sure that you are more comfortable, the doctors will give you sedation before the procedure.
- Before the procedure, the doctors will make you lie on your side with your head bent forward (slightly).
- They will try to numb the back of your throat by spraying an anesthetic. This is to make reduce your urge to gag.
- Next, your doctor will be placing a moth guard in your mouth. This is to make sure that you don’t bite the scope.
- You have to relax and follow your doctor’s instructions to the T. The doctor will ask you to swallow. It is really important that you remain relaxed.
- A nurse will be present there to suck the excess saliva from your mouth.
There is nothing to worry
Yes, there is nothing to worry. There are places where gastroscopy is done these days in Singapore. You will find quality doctors assisting you during this procedure in major hospitals in Singapore.